Monday, March 24, 2008

The future and fear (8)

The 2006 mega-show in Abidjan

Hanged 20 meters above the soil, with ropes on fire, without a rehearsal, within the next 10 seconds I could have been crushed by all the scaffoldings and scrap iron.

A 4 hours show ! An outbursted public that wanted to carry me in triumph.

-----

You want to plan my succession ? Take over from me?

Ok, but get rid of any fear in your spirit.

If you are afraid of the “anti-sect” climate, do you think you will succeed ?

It is in this same climate that, for the last twenty years, I have accomplished what I have been telling off, and even more.

My strength ? Adapting myself to the difficulties of the moment and always bounce.

If you are frightened, you will not succeed; for the last twenty years, I have seen around me people scared to death, who do not dare.

And these same people want to replace me ?

I am not a hero, but a man quite simply.

No comments: